Download the Yvonne Bierdon Daemke Educational Leadership Program Grant Application
About the Yvonne Bierdon Daemke Educational Leadership Program Grant
What is the Yvonne Bierdon Daemke Grant?
The Educational Leadership Program award amount is the cost of the proposed program or related expenses, up to $1000.
Who is Eligible?
Applicant must be a Sophomore or Junior student of Borrego Springs High School and attending an intern or educational outreach program with recognized credentials or sponsors.
How Do I apply?
Download the application by clicking the CLICK TO DOWNLOAD button above. Applicants must also have two written recommendations (information below).
How Do I Turn in my application?
Be sure to email application and any other necessary materials to SIBS.email@example.com by the due date.
Who was Yvonne Bierdon Daemke?
Yvonne Bierdon Daemke was an active member of Soroptimist International Borrego Springs in 2018-19. She loved working with the High School students in S Club (now S’Interact) and was part of the decision to begin an educational opportunity grant for current high school students wishing to apply for internships or other educational outreach programs. When she died in 2019 this program was named after her in honor of her commitment to the Soroptimist mission.
The Yvonne Bierdon Daemke Educational Leadership Program Grant will opening next year.
Yvonne Bierdon Daemke Educational Leadership Program grant Criteria
- Soroptimist International of Borrego Springs is part of a global organization committed to improving the lives of girls and women through educational opportunity and programs that lead to social and economic empowerment.
- Applicant must be a Sophomore or Junior student of Borrego Springs High School in good standing, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicant must be attending an intern or educational outreach program with recognized credentials or sponsors.
- Applicant must provide 2 written recommendations for the program – one from a member of the school staff and one from a member of the community, other than a relative or family member.
How To Apply and Grant guidelines
- Student must apply in writing using the application form. Email your application and recommendations to SIBS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be received from February 1- May 15 each year.
- Proposed program may not interfere with regular high school education and must be considered an additional enriching opportunity.
- Applicant may be interviewed by members of Soroptimist, Borrego Springs
- Recipient of the grant will provide a report to Soroptimist, Borrego Springs upon return to share experiences and lessons learned.
- Applicant will be notified of any award no later than end of the school year.
Contact the Scholarship Committee
We’re here to help! If you have questions about the application, recommendations or the application process, please connect with Soroptimist of Borrego Springs Scholarship Committee at SIBS.email@example.com.