Download the Community College and Vocational Scholarship
About the Community College and Vocational Scholarship
What is the Community College / vocational Scholarship?
This scholarship provides $500 per year for up to 2 years of a community college or vocational program, which must be used within 3 years of graduating Borrego Springs High School.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must be female graduating students from Borrego Springs High School who are planning to attend an accredited college or vocational/training school or academy.
How Do I apply?
Download the application by clicking the CLICK TO DOWNLOAD button above. Applicants must also have three written recommendations (information below).
How Do I Turn in my application?
Be sure to turn in your application and any other necessary materials in to Borrego Springs High School by the due date. Or email your application to SIBS.email@example.com.
The Community College and Vocational Scholarship is open!
Community College / Vocational Scholarship Criteria
- Applicant must be a graduating senior and display qualities of good conduct and integrity.
- Applicant must be graduating with at least a 3.0 GPA and must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in college.
- Applicant must attend an accredited college or vocational/training school or academy.
- Applicant must provide three written recommendations from any combination of: members of school staff, employers, business leaders or other members of the community, excluding parents or other relatives. (Use CONFIDENTIAL Recommendation Form)
- Applicant must provide transcript for the previous semester with the application.
- The applicant must write an essay describing their specific career goals.
- The applicant must indicate their first and second choice of college or vocational school they have applied to and hope to attend.
How To Apply and Scholarship guidelines
- The application, including transcript, essay and recommendations, must be returned to the Borrego Springs High School Office or submitted via email at SIBS.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the due date.
- If the scholarship is for a 2 year community college or vocational program, it is awarded in 2 equal disbursements ($500 for each year of school attended) and must be used within 3 years.
- The scholarship award will be sent directly to the recipient after providing proof of enrollment to the Soroptimist Scholarship Committee, to help pay expenses.
After the Award
- The Soroptimist Scholarship Committee must review the recipient’s grades at the end of each year before funds will be released for the next academic year. It is the responsibility of the recipient to request the next year’s scholarship payment and provide transcripts. In the case of a gap year, the recipient must provide the Soroptimist Scholarship Committee a written notice and explanation for the leave, then provide proof of enrollment to receive subsequent scholarship payments.
- If the recipient does not fulfill all criteria shown above or does not use the scholarship within the designated time frame, the scholarship will be forfeited.
Contact the Scholarship Committee
We’re here to help! If you have questions about the application, recommendations or the application process, please connect with Soroptimist of Borrego Springs Scholarship Committee at SIBS.email@example.com.