Live Your Dream Award
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
Empowering Women of Borrego Springs
Soroptimist International of Borrego Springs awards one Live Your Dream Award every year. The award is $1,000 and funds educational or vocational aspirations for women. The deadline to apply for the Live Your Dream Award is November 15.
How to Apply
Live Your Dream Award applications can be submitted online, via email or via mail. All applications must be received by November 15.
Submit Online: online applications can be submitted in English or Spanish.
Submit Via Email: email application to hello [at] siborregosprings.org or use the contact form.
Mail Your Application: Soroptimist of Borrego Springs, Attention: Kathy Jorgensen, P.O. Box 504, Borrego Springs, California, 92004
Live Your Dream Award Eligibility Requirements
- Provide the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Have financial need.
- Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories.
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Live Your Dream Awards (formerly called the Women’s Opportunity Award).
- Do not have a graduate degree.
- Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Have questions about the Live Your Dream Award or the application process? Contact us today!