Application Available in Spring 2021
Download the Continuing Education Scholarship Application
About the Continuing Education Scholarship
What is the Continuing Education Scholarship?
This scholarship provides $1000 per year for up to 4 years of a 4 year college; or $500 per year for up to 2 years of community college or vocational school for women who wish to continue their education.
Who is Eligible?
How Do I apply?
Download the application by clicking the CLICK TO DOWNLOAD button above. Applicants must also have three written recommendations (information below).
How Do I Turn in my application?
Be sure to turn in your application and any other necessary materials in to Borrego Springs High School by the due date. Or email your application to SIBS.email@example.com.
The Continuing Education Scholarship will open again in Spring 2021.
Continuing Education Scholarship Criteria
- Applicant must be a graduate of Borrego Springs High School (BSHS) who displays qualities of good conduct and integrity.
- Applicant can be transferring from a community college to a 4 year college OR a BSHS graduate who delayed college and now wishes to apply for a scholarship.
- Applicant must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in college.
- Applicant must attend an accredited college or vocational/training school or academy.
- Applicant must provide three written recommendations from any combination of: members of school staff, employers, business leaders or other members of the community, excluding parents or other relatives. (Use CONFIDENTIAL Recommendation Form)
- Applicant must provide transcript from last semester of the school or college attended.
- The applicant must write an essay describing their specific career goals.
- The applicant must indicate their first and second choice of college or vocational school they have applied to and hope to attend.
How To Apply and Scholarship guidelines
- The application, including transcript, essay and recommendations, must be returned to the Borrego Springs High School Office or submitted via email no later than the due date.
- The scholarship for a 4 year college is awarded in up to 4 equal disbursements ($1000 for each year of school attended) or until graduation, whichever comes first within 5 years.
- The 4 year scholarship award is sent directly to the school selected by the recipient after showing proof of enrollment to the Soroptimist Scholarship Committee, and will be directed to pay a portion of the recipient’s tuition or other fees.
- The scholarship for a 2 year program (community college or vocational) is awarded in 2 equal disbursements ($500 for each year of school attended) and must be used within 3 years.
- The 2 year scholarship award will be sent directly to the recipient after providing proof of enrollment to the Soroptimist Scholarship Committee, to help pay expenses.
After the Award
- The Soroptimist Scholarship Committee must review the recipient’s grades at the end of each year before funds will be released for the next academic year. It is the responsibility of the recipient to request the next year’s scholarship payment and provide transcripts. In the case of a gap year, the recipient must provide the Soroptimist Scholarship Committee a written notice and explanation for the leave, then provide proof of enrollment to receive subsequent scholarship payments.
- If the recipient does not fulfill all criteria shown above or does not use the scholarship within the designated time frame, the scholarship will be forfeited.
Contact the Scholarship Committee
We’re here to help! If you have questions about the application, recommendations or the application process, please connect with Soroptimist of Borrego Springs Scholarship Committee at SIBS.firstname.lastname@example.org.